At INDG we develop technology that enables engaging, hyper-realistic digital product experiences. Our goal is to make “every product playable”, by combining the science of technology with the artistry of computer-generated content. Our offices are in Amsterdam, Bucharest and New York. Clients include Adidas, Yamaha, Ralph Lauren, Electrolux, and Philips.
Our CG artists, interactive designers, and developers focus on creating virtual versions of our clients’ products, so lifelike it feels like you could reach out and touch them.
Our culture brings together creative, tech and business individuals. It’s a heady cocktail that keeps us inspired, empowered and passionate.
Grip is web-based solution that automatically generates visual content. It’s based on photorealistic 3D, capitalizing on INDG’s fifteen-year-long experience in that field. 3D is good because once your beer or your juicer or your rocket is on Grip, it can be used and re-used for multiple media: images, videos, iOS apps, and such.
This vision has worked quite well with clients: in less than two years, Grip won Coca-Cola, Nivea, Heineken, L’Oreal and others. As you can imagine, working with these companies requires knowing why, when and how they produce the thousands of visuals we’ve been trying to automate. Now, Grip is changing every day to accommodate the things we learn.
Looking for a Senior Technical Artist
As Technical Artist you will work in close connection with the rest of the highly skilled Artists we have got in-house in order to enhance the workflows, video pipelines and CGI processes. Automation is what you preach, and you aren’t shy for a piece of code. Surely, a breathtaking visual result is the number one goal for all your process improvements. Your knowledge of scripting and the industry standard tooling is in-depth and if needed, you can help the team out with taking on board part of the 3D project tasks.
You know everything there is to know about rendering with industry standard engines for stills as well as for animations. Our ideal candidate is experienced with scripting and thinks of driving efficiency through automation, is always curious about anything 3D-related, has got an open and helpful character and knows how to get things done.
What will you be doing?
- You will be the number 1 driver of process improvements through automation, as well as the main contact for our 3D team when they need help or assistance with troubleshooting for production issues
- You provide documentation of all development with consistent updates
- In order to implement, maintain and enhance production pipelines, you support & develop tools or procedures which are ready for use
- Throughout different phases of the 3D production process you are a steering force which is at the same time ready to step in; modelling, animation, rendering, post-processing
- You are able to identify bugs and resolve/optimize existing tools
- You support the team by either defining technical solutions in the concept stage or by giving work estimations in the quote-phase
- You assist in envisioning the Studio and Company goals with keeping a close eye on the technical feasibility
Would be amazing if you:
- Experience with large 3D production pipelines and workflows
- Experience with leading (project) teams
- Knowledge of Math & programming
- Good understanding of CGI processes, (video) pipelines, video processes, and client demands
- You have got an eye for technical and artistic details and never lose focus
- When working on scalable and re-usable solutions, you know how to find a healthy balance between creative and technical aspects
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Please send your resume and cover letter via the link provided. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Department at +31 (0) 20 488 9696.