We are looking for a new colleague to join our team as a Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer’s position at Vainu is an exciting and challenging new opportunity combining Business and Technology.
As a Sales Engineer you will be working closely with Vainu’s sales and customer success professionals as well as developers. Vainu data is usually integrated to our customers’ own systems, such as CRM systems or Marketing Automation tools. Your responsibilities include providing internal and external consultation on Vainu’s data, API, custom integrations and customised solutions and to specifying development needs. Your task is to transform our customers’ business needs into technical requirements as well as translating complex technical set-ups to business solutions.
At Vainu, we are keen on developing our solutions further based on customer needs. Your goal is to identify the most potential ideas and occasionally execute Proof of Concepts for selected customers before our developers are implementing the idea at full scale.
- Collaborate with sales and customer success teams to understand customer requirements to best support them and provide optimally customized solutions
- Effectively communicate with customers and represent the needs of customers to Vainu developers
- Provide consultation to customers while integrating and using our product or API
- Independently plan, modify and create Proof of Concepts so that the product meet the customer’s needs
- Prepare and deliver technical sales presentations that clearly explain our solutions to customers and prospective customers
- Consulting regarding system architectures, integrations and solutions – and occasionally, execution of the mentioned solutions
Becoming a successful Sales Engineer requires:
- Good communication skills and business understanding – you must be able to communicate with sales, customer success, marketing and tech repesentatives both internally and externally
- You speak both tech and business – translating tech requirements to business needs and vice versa
- Experience in full stack development – You are able to independently build full stack applications by using technologies chosen by you. In Vainu we use e.g. Python, Node.js, MongoDB, React but you are not restricted to using only these
- Good knowledge on different API’s and integrating different solutions
- Problem-solving skills – you are able to find the optimal solutions for customer needs and helping them to implement it
- Fluent English both written and spoken is required, Finnish is a plus – You will be working with and providing consultation to all Vainu countries (FI, SE, NO, DK, NL, US) and our customers are operating globally
In addition, it is very useful if you have:
- An understanding of sales and marketing operations
- An understanding of CRM Systems and Marketing automation tools
- Good self-discipline and self-leadership
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and high-performing environment
- The ability to prioritise quickly and focus on high-impact activities
- Willingness to take those extra steps needed to exceed
- A structured way of working and good time-management skills
If you have any questions regarding the position, do not hesitate to contact our Client Engagement Director Anu Böös (+358 50 5694481 / email@example.com).