Product team at Platypus
The Platypus Product team plays an essential role in our growth. As part of the new UX team you’ll be working in close collaboration with the Design and Development teams, alongside the Product Owner as we build a solid UX foundation.
In this role you’ll
- Take concepts to the next level by creating user flows, low- and medium-fidelity wireframes.
- Gain knowledge and use your expertise within information architecture, interaction design, user interface design patterns, design thinking and human psychology to create intuitive workflows with high focus on customer experience.
- Work closely with the Product Owner, collaborate with the Head of Design and the development team, to ensure clarity on features and functionality.
- Present concepts, work in progress for team leads and other stakeholders, gather feedback and iterate.
- Discover improvement areas, UX & UI issues and user flows through research, user testing and user journey mapping.
🔍What we’re looking for
- You are comfortable working with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- You have experience in conducting different (qualitative & quantitative) user research from scratch to evaluating the results, presenting findings and coming up with solutions
- Motivated to examine and explore hypotheses, ideas, concepts, and features via insights and research
- Together with the development scrum team, secure a final delivery hitting the user needs as well as the implementation milestones set by the Leadership team and the Product Owner
- Collaborative 🐜
- Good communicator 🔊 – we know it’s a cliché, but for this position is essential
- Curious 🤔
- Motivated 🚀
- Critical and investigative 🔍
Your previous experience
- 1-2 years of experience working as a UX/UI or Digital designer.
- Ideally, you have a degree in User Experience Design, Digital Concept Development, Interaction Design, Psychology or similar.
- You don’t need to have direct SaaS experience. We are more interested in your mindset and attitude. However, if you’ve been a UX designer in a B2B SaaS company, it’s a plus.
- Stock warrants 📈
- Unlimited paid vacation ⛱️
- Flexible working ⏰
- Free snacks🥕
- Dog-friendly office 🐶
Platypus in a 🌰🐚
- Founded in 2019, our company was named after one of the most extraordinary animals on the planet – the platypus. Only in the right environment can the platypus come into existence, develop and thrive. We strongly believe that this also holds true for everyone who is joining a new organization. And so, we set ourselves on the mission to enable organizations to understand their culture better and make sure every employee, whether current or future, has the opportunity to prosper.
- We do this by quantifying company cultures – making them tangible, easy to understand, and actionable.
- Our current product was launched in October 2020, and we’re proud to have clients across three continents. With our second product launching in Q4 2021, this is an exciting time to be joining Platypus.
- At Platypus, diversity and inclusion come first. We make sure that every single employee has a voice, and is being heard. Our skilled team is currently represented by 13 different nationalities from around the world.
How to Apply & the process
Interested? Apply as soon as possible until the 31th of July. Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Step 1: Apply and complete your Platypus Print (we’ll send you a link after you apply), to let us know what a meaningful work environment looks like to you.
Step 2: 60min interview
Step 3: Case study & interview
Step 4: Meet with co-founder(s)
The startup environment is constantly evolving (which can be overwhelming at times) but also rewarding, as many new opportunities to progress in your career can quickly open up. You will have a high degree of responsibility and independence, with support from our team.
Most importantly, we can offer you to be a part of a professional team, with passion for what we do, and having fun while we do it!