Location: Copenhagen, Denmark 🇩🇰
Note: We are not relocating people for this position.
Interviews: Around 3-5 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Base Salary: DKK 25,000 per month
If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know and we’re very open to discussing further.
Your mission at Platypus
Spread the word about Platypus 📣 and build long-lasting relationships with forward-thinking people 🤝
Platypus in a 🌰🐚
- Founded in 2019, our company was named after one of the most extraordinary animals on the planet – the platypus. Only in the right environment can the platypus come into existence, develop and thrive. We strongly believe that this also holds true for everyone who is joining a new organization. And so, we set ourselves on the mission to enable organizations to understand their culture better and make sure every employee, whether current or future, has the opportunity to prosper.
- We do this by quantifying company cultures – making them tangible, easy to understand, and actionable.
- Our current product was launched in October 2020, and we’re proud to have clients across three continents. With our second product launching in Q4 2021, this is an exciting time to be joining Platypus.
- At Platypus, diversity and inclusion come first. We make sure that every single employee has a voice, and is being heard. Our skilled team is currently represented by 13 different nationalities from around the world.
Revenue team at Platypus
The Platypus revenue team is a cross-functional collaboration between marketing and sales. We’ve been a combination of part-time and full-time people, and are now aiming to expand the team with two more full-time SDRs. You’ll be working alongside our CEO, Nico, as we transition towards a predictable revenue model. You will play an integral role in making this happen. We have an extremely flat hierarchy and believe that our diversity of thoughts and experiences, is a large contributor to our growth.
🔍What we’re looking for
- You will be the gatekeeper to our sales funnel and the tone you set will be crucial for us to win more customers.
- We don’t expect you to know every nitty-gritty detail about sales, but we want you to have an open mindset and the curiosity to constantly improve.
- Daily self-reflection is key to this role and we will of course provide you with the support structure to do so.
- We’re not going to sugarcoat it, the role will have its ups and downs so it’s important for you to be able to bounce back quickly and focus on long-term goals when performing daily tasks.
- To achieve your goals in this role you will need to communicate effectively and concisely in written and spoken English.
🌳 Growth mindset
🔍 Detail Oriented
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
Please do not see everything in this job ad as a “must-have”, but rather a guiding list of what we’re looking for. If you have some of the requirements and feel you connect with the mission, we’d like to hear from you.
Your previous experience
- You don’t necessarily need to have direct SaaS sales experience. We are far more interested in your mindset and attitude. However, if you’re an SDR today in a B2B SaaS company it’s a +
- Any form of customer-facing position e.g. call centers, hospitality, support, or anything else we haven’t thought of.
- Experience with sales tools: CRMs, sales engagement platforms, and databases. Our current tech stack includes Hubspot CRM, Outplay, LinkedIn, and Cognism.
- Outbound prospecting experience via phone, email, and social.
- Start-up experience.
- Knowledge around HR and Recruitment.
Identify and qualify sales leads by being a professional first point of contact for the client. As the gatekeeper for Platypus, your mission is to spot opportunities for Platypus to address the kinds of fundamental problems that keep our customers up at night. This means:
- Develop and coordinate strategies and growth tactics to get the word about Platypus out.
- Use a multichannel approach (emails, Linkedin messages, calls, video, etc.) to generate sales opportunities, using sequence and automation best practices
- Evangelise our product by engaging and interacting with prospects using our ever-expanding library of content to inform and inspire the market.
- Own and carry out your development plan, given the frameworks we provide
- Stock warrants 📈
- Unlimited paid vacation ⛱️
- Flexible working ⏰
- Free snacks🥕
- Dog-friendly office 🐶
How to Apply & the process
Does the position resonate with you? Apply on TheHub.
Step 1: Apply and complete your Platypus Print (we’ll send you a link after you apply), to let us know what a meaningful work environment looks like to you.
Step 2: Work-related task
Step 3: 60min Interview
Step 4: Meet with co-founder(s)
The role offers multiple progression paths. Our main focus will be to provide and hone your foundational skills of B2B SaaS sales, but we don’t expect anyone to limit themselves to this area of our business. It’s a junior sales position, however, as you will be exposed to a lot of learning opportunities across sales, product, customer success, and marketing, we may be able to offer different career paths as we grow.
The startup environment is very exciting and constantly evolving (which can be overwhelming at times) but also rewarding, as many new opportunities to progress in your career can quickly open up.