A powerful wave is sweeping across the world – data privacy. This new paradigm brings new challenges as well: it imposes trade barriers and legal complexity, and makes it difficult for companies to know what they need to do.
Our experience is that most companies want to be good data citizens but don’t have the resources or knowledge to implement what’s needed. We also know that many companies struggle to comply with new data privacy rules around the world. That’s what we help with.
We are looking for a law student to work on a wide range of exciting tasks and assume a high degree of responsibility. You will be helping create templates, guiding our customers on their privacy journey, reviewing contracts, drafting privacy policies and many other legal assignments. For example, you could also support the customer-facing teams with legal support and help develop and maintain guidance materials for our colleagues and contribute to driving projects related to privacy and compliance. You may also be involved in tasks related to legal research and assistance to case handlers on various projects.
You can expect varied workdays and you will be paired with a day-to-day sparring partner, who will provide feedback on your work and help you maximise your learning journey.
Working hours will be 15 hours a week and the hours can be divided over 2-3 days a week so it fits your school / schedule.
We are looking for a law student interested in joining a legal tech startup and working in the intersection between law and business. In addition,
- You are currently studying law and have 1-2 years left of your master’s studies in law or business law.
- You are interested in privacy / GDPR.
- You have strong communication skills and feel comfortable when you approach people via email, phone and face-to-face.
- You are comfortable reading, speaking, and writing English
- You have a passion for our mission.
- You are proactive, organized, and focused on details and accuracy.
- You are curious, dedicated, and have a strong personal drive.
- You thrive in a busy work environment and bring a “can-do” attitude.
- A Danish full-time work permit is required for non-EU citizens.
What we offer
- An opportunity to be part of a tech company on a mission.
- Work with and learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people who all care about data privacy and compliance and making a difference.
- Strong personal as well as professional development at a company with a lot of potential.
- Interesting problems to solve, and awesome colleagues to solve them with.
- There is always room for exploration, having fun and a healthy work-life balance.
- A place to work where you can be yourself.
We’re a venture-backed startup and our CEO, Stine Tornmark, is a privacy lawyer with extensive experience in building successful SaaS companies. The rest of us also bring substantial SaaS experience and we’re passionate about product-led growth, building products that make a difference and having a customer-centric focus.
We’re located in Copenhagen (Islands Brygge) and the team consists of more than 6 different nationalities so we speak English in the office.
We have a culture of fantastic people who all have a voice, who all matter, and who all make a difference. And so will you.
“To me, Legal Monster isn’t just a job. It’s interesting, it’s fun, but most of all, it’s a family where everyone contributes and everyone is listened to.” —Paul Chaplin, Tech Lead