Falcon is part of Cision Ltd—a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin, Budapest, Sofia, Chennai, Melbourne, and growing. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
About the role:
The SRE team is an autonomous team within Falcon.io’s RnD Engineering department, spread across several locations. The team is friendly, self-driven, and values critical thinking. We are looking for a like-minded Junior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team in the Copenhagen office who will play a vital role in supporting our platform hosted on AWS.
What you’ll do:
As a Junior Site Reliability Engineer, you will help build, scale, maintain, and improve the infrastructure of a fast-growing Customer Experience platform. You will be using new technology to solve hard problems in a friendly and encouraging work environment. You will be encouraged to share your experience and knowledge, sparring with your colleagues to grow together!
How you will do it:
- Support the Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud infrastructure, production and non-production
- Follow good practices of infrastructure as a code
- Write elegant, self-testing and well documented solutions
- Be mindful of the business – by communicating with your colleagues and management, help us ensure that we’re building the right thing at the right time
- Understand the complete stack and confidently uses the tool chain
- Take an active part in sprint planning
- Build rapport with other key stakeholders in the business, like Product Managers, Compliance, and CX
What you have:
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience Amazon Web Services, Docker containers and container orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes
- Good understanding of basic network definitions and designs (firewalls, routing and switching)
- Experience with relational databases like PSQL
- Understanding Linux based systems, preferably Debian/Ubuntu
- Experience with scripting in Bash and Python
- Open to automate repetitiveness tasks
- Experience with Ansible or other configuration management tool
- Have CI/CD pipelines savvy on basic level
Extra points for:
- Knowledge of monitoring systems such as CollectD/StatsD, Graphite, Prometheus
- Experience with logging system such as ELK stack or Graylog
- Ability to impelement and maintain IAAC environment (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with operating and maintaining Elasticsearch clusters
- Familiar with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines in dockerized and multi cloud environment
What we offer:
- An open, informal and multinational working environment
- Get a high level of responsibility, work with the newest technologies, and have room for experimentation
- A competitive salary package
- An office space housed in the old Danish Design Center, directly opposite Tivoli Gardens in central Copenhagen
- Choose your own gear (laptop & phone)
- Pension and health insurance – because we believe prevention is better than cure
- Catered lunch, and healthy (and not so healthy!) snacks & drinks
Falcon employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Falcon.io has an ethos of encouraging autonomy, ambition, boldness and experimentation. We value open people who take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail, learn from mistakes, adjust, and try to get better at what they do every day.