Junior QA Engineer at Neurons Inc
As a Quality Assurance Engineer in Neurons Inc, you will be responsible for helping our R&D team in building products that users love. You will be taking ownership of the quality of our products and release. From running manual testing of new features, to develop our automated testing capabilities to ensure high productivity and quality.
Your new company:
Neurons Inc is founded and headed by Dr. Thomas Z. Ramsøy, who is considered one of the leading scholars and practitioners in applied neuroscience, neuromarketing, neuroeconomics, and consumer neuroscience. Neurons Inc combines neuroscience, eye tracking, and machine learning for unparallel prediction of brand memory. Since 2013 their client portfolio has included: Ikea, Facebook, Coca-Cola, Tesco, Spotify, and Twitter. Meaning that 70 % of their business is based in America. Due to the pandemic Neurons Inc has experienced challenges in performing scientific studies with their clients worldwide and has therefore enabled their massive amount of data, to create a new innovative solution. Neurons Inc is in the process of disrupting their own ways of doing business and is aiming to empower 2/3 of their business to be run through online channels.
Your new role:
Work as a cross-functional agile team member to lead on Quality Assurance and support the team in ensuring high-quality of our platform. You’ll be responsible for running both manual and automated tests in preparation for software releases. Engage in the creation of test plans, acceptance criteria, and support for product test documentation. Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities. Help to identify areas in our product that aren’t performing at the quality expected and work with engineering to develop solutions on how to improve them. Collaborate with engineering to maintain and improve the testing strategy, helping us scale our ability to launch high-quality products. Work with our customer success team and engineering team to respond to product issues with the proper urgency.
- 0-2+ years experience working as a Quality Assurance Tester/Eng.
- Knowledge of Web/API technologies. (No coding required, but the ability to converse with developers about implementation details is essential.)
- Take ownership of ensuring that we ship high-quality features/products to our customers – extreme attention to details and eye for design/user experience.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can summarise complex issues clearly and explain how they impact stakeholders.
- You want to develop your engineering skills to build up our automation test suits.
- You thrive on uncertainty. You see it as an opportunity to learn new skills and technologies and dive straight in.
Bonus if you have:
- Worked SaaS products (ideally within a startup).
- Worked as a junior developer in frontend or backend,
- Worked E2E framework for QA automation, e.g., Cypress
- Worked on cross-platform solutions for desktop and mobile.
- Experience working in an agile setup (or working knowledge of agile development methodologies.)
- Used project management tools (we use JIRA / Confluence).
Neurons Inc is a consumer neuroscience company, working globally with large clients. Neurons Inc has established its main brand in the neuromarketing and research industry. We have recently attracted venture capital financing, and as a part of our new growth journey we have have invested in a digital footprint through the SaaS solutions Neurovision (see https://neurovision.io) and NeuroOnline (see https://neuronsinc.com). The two solutions are very innovative in the neuromarketing market, and we are currently looking for a number of people with the needed skillsets and capabilities to support this journey. More details about Neurons Inc can be found on www.NeuronsInc.com.