Are you our new Head of Development?
Mindpool is looking for an exceptional software engineer, who can take the lead on our technical development, and work closely with our amazing team of developers and our Director of Product Experience and Design to deliver on our product ambitions and roadmap.
Who you are
You like to architect and build good Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms. You like to make complex features, DevOps (optionally data pipelines) and large user bases look easy. You may have built successful SaaS platforms once or twice before already. As Head of Development, you’ll lead the development of our intelligent Software-as-a-Service platform that helps organizations tap into the knowledge of their employees – their collective intelligence. We use this wisdom to help organisations predict what’s ahead and how to respond.
We are interested in someone who can use a mixture of next-level code, architecture and teamwork to make high-stakes technical decisions about our platform. We are at a crucial point right now, where we are building the very foundation of our company and want you to be responsible for:
- Planning and execution of our technical roadmap that is a key driver for delivering on our product and growth strategy
- Lead our team of four developers and make sure that you as a team make the right priorities and architecture decisions
- Make sure that we hire profiles with the right skillset in our development team (front-end, back-end, DevOps and app development) when we grow the development team
- Build a strong culture where it is a team effort to find the best architecture solutions and where everyone takes pride in building the best possible product
- Work closely with our Director of Product Experience and Design and commercial team to find out how the technical foundation helps Mindpool delivering on our vision for the product experience, design and commercial roadmap.
In other words, we are looking for a hands-on team lead, who can build next-level code while making the right prioritizations for and with the team.
The skills that will help you succeed in the job
- Excellent problem-solver with good communication and collaboration skills
- A strong sense of ownership of our technical development and you really care about the way things are done
- You are proud of the work you do and want to impress colleagues and clients with your high standards
- You have invented or created something that seems like magic to most
- Enjoyment for a high growth start-up environment
- You can speak and write English
Currently, we are working with the following technologies on the Mindpool platform:
- Laravel (PHP) on the backend
It is a plus, but not a requirement that you already have experience with these languages. Should you also happen to have experience with any of the technologies (or more!) below, even better:
- Data science experience
- Natural language processing (NLP) experience
- Python experience
- DevOps experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) tools
Who are we?
We are founded by serial-entrepreneur Mik Thobo-Carlsen, architect Bjarke Ingels, and Dr. Carina Antonia Hallin with years of research in Collective Intelligence. Mindpool is a Software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform on a mission to be the global leader in the world’s combined human intelligence and computers for efficient, inclusive, and smarter decision-making. We are well-funded and backed by experienced angel investors. Our headquarters are in Copenhagen, Denmark, but we also have skilled developers in our office in Rio Claro, Brazil. To learn more about Mindpool, check out our explainer video (http://bit.ly/whatismindpool ) and our website (mindpool.com).
How to apply?
It’s super easy – Send us your Github-link and CV! You are also more than welcome to elaborate on your motivation for joining Mindpool.
Application deadline is on July 11th, 2021, but please don’t wait. We will be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis and we want you to join us as soon as possible!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Flemming Rasmussen, Director of Product & Design, on +4561100194.
What’s more to the job?
- A career that can accommodate building your own team or becoming a specialist in your area
- Experience with working in international teams across continents
- Six weeks of vacation and Danish work-life balance. We also knuckle down when needed
- Danish work culture that involves Friday Happy-Hours, snacks in the office, flat company structure, etc.
- People you could see yourself talking to outside of work. We also host social events to facilitate that